7 Essential Online Marketing Facts You Must Know
Online marketing is dominating world commerce today. The growth of digital marketing and the unhindered rise of e-commerce across the globe show that online marketing is here to stay. The multifaceted advantages of online marketing have made it the leading marketing method of world-renowned brands.
Studies and statistics predict a future where online marketing will overtake the traditional methods and become the foremost choice for all. This is why investing in the field should be a priority for any business.
Here are seven essential facts about online marketing, which will help you understand the subject better.
- Arresting videos are in-demand.
A whitepaper published by Cisco shows that online videos will comprise 82% of consumer traffic on the Internet by 2021. Businesses around the world are already preparing for a shift. In the US itself, the projected expenditure is expected to hit $17 billion by the end of 2020.
As online streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney Hotstar increase in popularity, the cable television industry is losing subscribers fast. Online promotional videos have now become central to successful marketing strategies.
- Influencer marketing is unstoppable.
With billions of subscribers and an all-pervading reach, social media platforms are among the ripest avenues of online marketing. Getting your brands endorsed by influential individuals on social media platforms is a sure-shot way of boosting your brand’s image.
Did you know that there are $ 1 billion influencers operating solely on Instagram? The surge in interest in the social media platform and the presence of celebrities and other iconoclasts are the main reason behind so.
- Deliver content that grabs attention.
Studies show that the average attention span of a human being is 8 seconds in today’s date – that’s 1 second less than that of a goldfish! Such short attention necessitates precise and efficacious marketing content that hooks the audience instantaneously.
Attention grabbing marking campaigns and a seamless interactive experience is essential to irk interest. Eye-catching content reduces the bounce rate and increases the time a visitor spends on a page.
- Digital marketing is the future.
Research by Salesforce shows that 75% of the total marketing budget of companies worldwide will go towards online marketing campaigns. The preference of digital marketing over traditional methods is on the rise.
Digital marketing enables businesses to reap the benefits of a large user base. Online marketing is also overcoming newspaper ads, television classifieds, and outdoor advertising as the leading format for promotion.
- Relevant Content is essential.
Content marketing is a critical aspect of online marketing. Purposeful and relevant content acquires more views and generates more traffic. Your content must be able to gauge a viewer’s needs and convince them to explore your brand.
With blogs, videos, VR, images, and the likes, content marketing offers numerous ways to increase brand awareness and subsequent lead generation. Moreover, engaging content acts as a counter against the decreasing attention span of the average viewer.
- YouTube, the silent king of content
The variety of videos and dedicated channels make YouTube the undisputed leader of media platforms. Studies show that video adverts on YouTube have higher engagement value and a lower bouncing rate.
Stats show that people would rather watch a video about a product than read something about it. YouTube allows online assignment help companies to post diverse videos with apt descriptions and annotations. Interesting content compels users to click and dive deeper into the topic.
- Some miscellaneous tidbits
Here are the results of certain marketing research studies that showcase the true potential of online marketing:
- SEO is a vastly underrated and undervalued source of revenue.
- Good branding is a critical reason behind the successful conversionof search traffic, transforming visitors, and leads to prospective buyers and clients.
- Organic social media and other kinds of referring sites have identical performance.
- According to research by Inc.com, the duopoly of Facebook and Google tops over $117 billion in ad revenues, even more than every newspaper, magazine, and radio network around the world. With the rise of the Internet and social media, people access news differently, and the numbers reflect this behavior.
- Email marketing delivers as many lead conversions as organic search. A study by Mailchimp shows that the average email click-through rates exceed 3.1 percent, while Twitter click-through rates were just 1.64 percent back in 2012. Finally, the average e-mail conversion rates are 3.19 percent, while the average social media conversion rates are a meager 0.71 percent.
That brings us to the end of this informative write-up! Here’ hoping it helps you understand the discipline of online marketing a little bit better.